CEO, Brand Advocate MDB Communications
“I’m like a caged bird at the moment. Not lovin’ it! Flying solo “in place” is not inspiring or interesting. Soulless really.”
What, if anything, are you doing differently?
During this time of disruption and uncertainty, I’m practicing gratitude and finding purpose in helping others.
1. Remaining positive and thankful: for having lived through many challenges before. Tough times are a good teacher— and help guide decisions now and for the near future.
2. Counselling others: Reaching out to my fellow entrepreneurs and colleagues to be a sounding board and a collaborative spirit to identify alliances, resources and ideas to help them persevere through the current business climate.
3. Charitable gathering: at home– to donate to Goodwill.
Are you staying creatively active?
My agency colleagues and I are doubling down by working (remotely) on creative ideas for our clients and friends. It’s what we do; we craft (sometimes radical) ideas to propel others forward – regardless of the headwinds. We’re all pulling together to do our part to contribute to a dramatic bounce-back economy.
How are you sparking yourself creatively?
1. I’m lifting my spirits with terrific and inspiring books/stories that have been “on my list”- Audible + Podcasts
2. Helping others—problem solving with restaurateurs and publishers…and discussing promotions, messaging, and how to best weather the storm.
3. Binge watching- NARCOS, Ink Master, Say Yes to the Dress, Bloomberg – The David Rubenstein Show: Peer to Peer Conversations
4. Travel & Leisure: 12 Museums Around the World, London to Seoul